ECON 2100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Capital Asset Pricing Model, Capital Asset, Weighted Arithmetic Mean

94 views2 pages
3 Apr 2015
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

As requested i have been looking into the potential expansion and investment for the. Since these costs are only estimates, i have also used several different methods and models. This memo will detail how i came up with these calculations as well as my recommendations on whether or not this investment is beneficial to our company. To begin the analysis on the toronto-dominion bank i collected their financial data from the past five years including monthly stock closing prices, monthly dividends, equity value, debt and net income. I also collected data on the market for the past four years, including s&p/tsx monthly closing prices, yields on canadian treasury bill and on 7-year government bonds. Using this data i was able to fit it into three models to estimate the average costs of capital as well as our expected rates of returns. Firstly, i used the dividend discount model and the monthly dividends paid since january 1,

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers