HTST 338 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: William Ewart Gladstone, Classical Liberalism, Industrial Revolution

65 views3 pages

Document Summary

Great reform act a product of the industrial revolution: Because it created urban society and the educated urban middle class. They (middle class) impress the whig political party under lord john russell and earl grey who give them a nill that the middle class want- to simply get a voice. They get their cities more representation and the rights to vote. -> the middle class who came along with the industrial rev got what they wanted in the house of commons. The working people in urban slums and the educated mc elite who cared. Radical politicians (dissenters, middle class) that want to represent the working people. They (cid:449)ere the o(cid:374)es (cid:449)ho (cid:272)o(cid:374)(cid:448)i(cid:374)(cid:272)ed ha(cid:448)i(cid:374)g s(cid:373)all (cid:272)ha(cid:374)ge so the fre(cid:374)(cid:272)h re(cid:448)olutio(cid:374) (cid:449)ould(cid:374)"t happe(cid:374) i(cid:374) England- moderate changes to avoid more drastic change. Socicoeconomic factors/change are always represented in politics/ constitutional change--> you cant study one without the other**

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers