Sociology 2410 Lecture Notes - Intersectionality, Sexual Diversity, Cordelia Fine

72 views20 pages
16 Jul 2014
School
Department
Professor

Document Summary

Contemporary theories of biological sex difference: evolutionary theory, sexes face different adaptive problems, therefore they are different i. sex differentiated sexual strategies, evolutionary psychology: explains sex specific psychological traits as evolutionary adaptations this research most always naturalizes differences c, puts forward parental investment as explanation for promiscuity differences, brain research, sex difference in spatial and verbal skills i. 1. found that the variation within groups is much bigger than between groups: so much attention is paid to the differences between groups because they are they only ones ii. the tools used to find these differences are generally weighted to cause the difference, brain structure and function i. ii. difference in lateralization. Is there a superior hemisphere: endocrinological research on sex hormones, sex differentiation at 2 main phases fetal development i, puberty b. lots of research focused on aggression and hormones.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers