PSYC 325 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Dorsolateral Prefrontal Cortex, Auditory Cortex, Cerebral Cortex

61 views6 pages

Document Summary

History: most early studies of learning and memory focused on observable b rather than on the brain and how it functions, gall: phrenology, karl lashley 1890-1958, engram a. i. a. ii. No one specific area he can demage to completely erase an ability: equipotentiality 1929 b. i. Memories are not stored in any one place: memories, leaning and other brain functions are both localized and distributed, achieved through dynamic rerouting of neural networks, aka. plasticity. Neuroscience: study of the brain and the rest of the nervous system, neuropsychology (cognitive-neuroscience): brains and b, nervous system, the organ system devoted to the distribution and processing of information, neurons (and glial cells) b. i. Central nervous system cns: brain and the spinal cord. Cerebral cortex: cover the top and sides of the brain, the largest structure of human brain, extensively folded, 2 hemispheres: r/ l, frontal lobe, primary motor strip m1 a. i. End portion of frontal: dorsolateral prefrontal cortex dlpfc b. i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers