PSYC 325 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Dual Process Theory, Perceptual Learning, Latent Learning

63 views6 pages

Document Summary

Learning: process in which b changes as a result of experiences, acquisition/ updating of info, which can be inferred from subsequent influence on voluntary/ involuntary b ( responses and reflexes, through b. i. b. ii. b. iii. b. iv. Within and between modality: responsiveness can be recovered c. i. Spontaneous recovery/ dishabituation: stimulus strength and exposure rate dependent. Have savings from each session: evolutionary mechanism: prevent responding to stimuli that aren"t important, the less an event is, the more rapidly a response to that event will habituate a. i. a. ii. Larger decreases in responding are seen after repetition than after later exposures. Changes in responding are seen when one is first becoming familiar with stimulus: short term habituation, long term habituation. Sensitization: an increase in the strength/ occurrence of a b due to exposure to an arousing/ noxious stimulus, same rules as habituation, st and lt a. i. How long does the effect last: spontaneous recovery, massed vs spaced exposure c. i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers