PSYC 268 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Eyewitness Identification, Eyewitness Memory, Fokker E.Ii

21 views4 pages

Document Summary

Eyewitness: factors that affect eyewitness performance, estimator variables a. i. a. ii. Factors that may affect eyewitness testimony and that are not under the control of the cjs. Characteristics of eyewitness or the circumstances surrounding the event witnessed: system variables b. i. b. ii. Factors that may affect eyewitness testimony and that are under the control of the cjs. Affect accuracy of eyewitness testimony, but cjs has some control over it. The tendency of eyewitnesses to be easily influenced by suggestion e. ii. Loftus: a sizable minority of p report that they perceived details during a past event when in fact they were only told about the details after the event e. iii. May use general knowledge to change info that is inconsistent with expectations: repeated reporting. Confused with details that were perceived during the event f. i. f. ii. Memory traces of what was reported may become confused with details that were perceived during the event.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers