PSYC 268 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Parens Patriae, Truancy, Regional Policy Of The European Union

43 views2 pages

Document Summary

Objective: summarize the history of juvenile justice and the different theories about delinquent b, summarize the issues relating to forensic assessments of juveniles, summarize the interventions used to reduce delinquent b in juveniles. History: 1300s, eng common law, young children should not be held to the same level of responsibility as adults, were held to an adult standard of liability c. i. c. ii. A physical examination revealed the onset of puberty. The crown could prove malice: early 1600, child under age of 7 were not crim liable for their actions, 7-14 were criminally responsible only if the crown could prove malice, doli incapax, late 1800s a. Youthful offending was viewed as a symptom of a disease caused by society and the family c. i. 1. Engage in harmful activities: truancy, promiscuity, incorrigibility c. i. 2. Young persons were denied many of the procedural rights guaranteed to adults: public hearing, option of a jury trial, representation of legal counsel, avenues of appeal c. ii. 1.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers