CRIM 380 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Jeanson James Ancheta, Hector Monsegur, Robert Tappan Morris

112 views8 pages

Document Summary

My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you can"t stop us all after all, we"re all alike. +++the mentor+++ (1986) Black hats: jeanson james ancheta, 1st person to be charged for botnets, served 60 months in prison, robert tappan morris, computer scientist. Based on skills: novice hackers, largest sub-populations, usually referred to as script kiddies , inept makes them a relatively small threat. Based on organization: individuals, [early days] all aspects of hacking were done individually, organized groups, [today] most hacks are done in small groups of trusted members, quickly in and out, disorganized groups. Tools of the trade: you can attack employees, or can attack computer. Attacking the people - social engineering: according to mitnick and simon:

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers