SOC 885 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Paleoanthropology, Donald Johanson, Agnosticism

35 views3 pages
12 Sep 2015
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

This has been a topic of controversy and an unanswered question for the past many decades. Until the 18th century not a soul doubted that all life forms were created by the extraordinary power which many of us acknowledge as god. But when charles darwin, a british naturalist was able to provide a valid" scientific explanation to the creation of man, many began questioning if god truly did create mankind. I believe, humans were created due to thousands of years of evolution, which has been proven through fossils found by paleoanthropologists, darwin"s theory of natural selection and gregor. Now do not get me wrong, i am neither atheist nor agnostic. I, myself am a very religious person, but feel that the scientific explanation makes much more sense. Paleoanthropologists have found a variety of hominid fossils that share similar characteristics with us humans. Johanson and tom gray were able to discover an australopithecus afarensis, a species of the.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers