MHR 405 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Fundamental Attribution Error, Confirmation Bias, Johari Window

64 views7 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 3 (perceiving ourselves and others in organizations: an individual"s self-beliefs and self-evaluations. Who am i? and how do i feel about myself? : we compare image of the job with our perceived and ideal selves, model includes, three self-concept dimensions, four selves processes, self-concept dimensions (3 c"s, complexity. Similar personality and values across multiple selves: clarity. Clearly and confidently described, internally consistent, and stable across time: psychological well-being higher when people have: Selves similar to each other and compatible with personal traits (consistency: four selves of self-concept, self-enhancement. Promoting and protecting our positive self-view: competent, attractive, lucky, ethical, valued. Positive self-concept outcomes: better personal adjustment and mental/physical health. Inflates personal causation and probability of success: self-verification. People prefer feedback consistent with their self-concept. Self-verification outcomes : most likely to perceive information consistent with our self-concept, we interact more with those who affirm/reflect our current self-concept, self-evaluation.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers