ITM 750 Lecture Notes - Lecture 16: Project Charter, Uptodate, Green Computing

58 views3 pages
Group #7
This self-assessment will discuss about the quality and quantity of my participation throughout
the term. In this IS Project Management class, we went through a lot of content and learned
many processes that affect the company and how it helps them increase productivity and grow as
a company. I presented in class two in front of the whole class about our case that was given to
us, and talked about what went right in the case. I discussed about the overview and key issues
which included waiting times at physician’s office can improve, the process of patient reaching
physician is a long on (filling out forms etc.), current process or chain only can produce an
average of eight (patients) per hour, better scheduling has always been issue in physician’s
office. Then me and my group discussed about how the critical chain will help this issue because
the critical chain scheduling is the newest most important part of project management. Some of
the solutions we suggested were to improve one constraint of the system improves the system as
whole, however, improving a small link does not impact the system, the critical chain scheduling
can improve wait times in office. Some examples, are by applying critical chain techniques, the
hospital admitted 63 percent of patients in less than 1.5 hours. Although these times still seem
long, they show significant improvement. I also participated in class two when the professor
asked a question about what you are looking for in a person to work on a project with, and I
suggested that I would look for experience in a person because someone with experience knows
how to work better, and has more knowledge, and knows how to deal with problems rather than
someone who does not have any experience. Also, presented on Oct 18, about an opening and
best practice case. For the opening case, me and my group first talked about the summary which
was about a large telecommunications company that Peter works for, new fiber-optic undersea
telecommunications program was much larger and more complicated than anything Peter worked
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows page 1 of the document.
Unlock all 3 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

This self-assessment will discuss about the quality and quantity of my participation throughout the term. In this is project management class, we went through a lot of content and learned many processes that affect the company and how it helps them increase productivity and grow as a company. I presented in class two in front of the whole class about our case that was given to us, and talked about what went right in the case. I discussed about the overview and key issues which included waiting times at physician"s office can improve, the process of patient reaching physician is a long on (filling out forms etc. ), current process or chain only can produce an average of eight (patients) per hour, better scheduling has always been issue in physician"s office. Then me and my group discussed about how the critical chain will help this issue because the critical chain scheduling is the newest most important part of project management.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers