ITM 102 Lecture 3: Info Systems in Business Today 09 14 15

15 views3 pages

Document Summary

The role of info systems in business today. Operational excellence: improvement of efficiency to attain higher profitability, info systems/tech is an important tool in achieving greater efficiency and productivity, wal-mart"s retail link system links suppliers to stores for superior replenishment system. Nygard"s info system which links sales records to contract manufacturer. Poor outcomes raise costs and lose customers. Competitive advantage: delivering better performance, charging less for superior products, responding to customers and suppliers in real time, i. e. apple, ups. Survival: info tech as necessity of business, industry-level changes. Information systems in business today i. e. citibank"s intro of atms: governmental regulations requiring record-keeping i. e. canadian sarbanes-oxley act. Info system: set of interrelated components that. The hard/soft ware that a firm needs to achieve business objectives. Hard/soft ware are technical foundation and tools, similar to the material and tools used to build a house. Input: raw data or info from organization, external environment or other is.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers