FSN 223 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: New Approach, Social Innovation, Ben Barry

22 views9 pages
18 Apr 2016
Department
Course

Document Summary

1. inspired by problems (opportunities) motivation: frustrated users or empathize with frustrated users: develops a solution that dramatically breaks with existing ones. Not adjustments to current system; find new ways of approaching problems. Social -> goal: large-scale, transformational bene t to society. Ben barry agency: a real woman is every woman. I devote all my time to my cause-and my cause pays the bills . Agreement between entrepreneurs and society. in exchange for pro t, the business would provide products and services to help solve social problems . Pro t-driven, socially-oriented business model (make money by solving social problems through your products, services and daily operation) Social innovation is isolated rather than embedded the triple bottom-line: companies measure their impact on people, the planet, and their pro ts separately. Crs: walmart gave money to breakfast problems yet continue to sell products produced by child labor. Crs: slim fast gives money to support positive body yet preys on body insecurities (ironic)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers