CRI 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Netflix, Knowledge Economy, Free Trade

54 views3 pages

Document Summary

Creativity drives our economy and impacts our lives. Liberal economics are build on the principle of little intervention. Yet history shows us that good faith and trust is not always enough. Davies: guides ho(cid:449) the states use its resour(cid:272)es, i(cid:374)stitutio(cid:374)s a(cid:374)d ta(cid:454)pa(cid:455)er"s (cid:373)o(cid:374)e(cid:455) to i(cid:374)ter(cid:448)e(cid:374)e i(cid:374), shape or affect ci as a sector. 2013: policymakers designate industry sectors, formulate strategies to support them, attempt to pick winners & keep them in check. Ca(cid:374)ada"s o(cid:449)(cid:374) ci strategy: global presence, economic prosperity, social prosperity. Toro(cid:374)to"s o(cid:449)(cid:374) ci strategy: more jobs, more attractability, better quality of life. As cultural and creative production and consumptions changes rapidly, multiple ministries come together to regulate. Main roles for government in ci: planning, responsible for central economic planning and for making the economy work. Creativity will become one of the top 3 skills workers will need by 2020. Workers are going to have to become more creative in order to benefit from these changes.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers