CLD 241 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Differentiated Instruction, Behavior Management, Attention Seeking

29 views2 pages

Document Summary

Operant conditioning - type of learning where the future probability of a behaviour is affected by its consequences: reinforcement: behaviors more likely to occur, punishment: behaviors less likely to occur. Antecedent event - that which precedes or comes before a behavior : i. e. teacher slices apples. Behaviour - response of the individual : i. e. child looks and says, i want apple. Consequence - that which follows a behavior : behaviour guidance strategy that the educator uses (will only focus on a single person, i. e. teacher hands child a slice of apple. A child-management procedure for arranging the environment in ways that reduce the occurrence of inappropriate behaviours and increase the occurrence of appropriate behaviors. Setting event - an event that influences the likelihood that an antecedent will trigger a behaviour. Sometimes a child engages in a behaviour to drown out other senses that they feel uncomfortable with: t: tangible, e: escape, a: attention seeking, m: multiple.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers