BCH 361 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Flavin Mononucleotide, Citric Acid Cycle, Rieske Protein

105 views5 pages

Document Summary

Etc consists of 4 major protein complexes + 2 electron carrier molecules (coenzyme. Complex i aka nadh dehydrogenase accepts electrons from nadh and also acts as a h+ pump that uses the movement of electrons along the etc to pump h+ into intermembrane space. Coenzyme q (ubiquinone) is a small hydrophobic molecule dissolved in the membrane that accepts electrons from complex i/complex ii, reduced to ubiquinol, and moves them to. Complex ii aka succinate reductase contains the succinate dh enzyme used in the tca cycle to transform succinate to fumarate, and in the process form fadh2. When fadh2 synthesized to tca cycle, it remains attached to succinate dh, and within complex ii, fadh2 is oxidized back to fad = allows the electrons to be taken by complex ii, then taken by ubiquinone. Complex iii aka cyctochrome c reductase accepts electrons from q and transfers them to electron carrier cytochrome c. complex i and also acts as h+ pump.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers