SOCY 210 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Quebec Sovereignty Movement, Nomothetic, Grounded Theory

16 views12 pages

Document Summary

Socy 210 textbook chapter 4: research design and the logic of causation. 1. explore a topic or to begin to familiarize the researcher with that topic. This approach typically occurs when a researcher examines a new interest or when the subject of study itself is relatively new: e. g. Sometimes exploratory research is pursed through the use of focus groups, 2. or guided small discussions typically used in marketing research. Explanatory studies are most typically done for three purposes: a. i. 1. To satisfy the researcher"s curiosity and desire for better understanding a. i. 2. To test the feasibility of undertaking a more extensive study a. i. 3. To develop the methods to be employed in any subsequent study. Explanatory studies are quite valuable in social scientific research. 4. are essential whenever a researcher is breaking new ground, and they almost always yield new insights into a topic for research. Explanatory research are also a source for grounded theory.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers