PSYC 271 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Dorsolateral Prefrontal Cortex, Primary Motor Cortex, Posterior Parietal Cortex

102 views14 pages

Document Summary

Part i: principles of sensorimotor function, sensorimotor system arrangement in the cortex. Primary motor cortex: non-cortical motor areas. The sensorimotor system is characterized by 3 principles: 1 hierarchically organized. In the reverse from perceptual system: 2 motor output is guided by sensory input. All of the output you produce is guided by sensory input on a consistent basis to modify the (cid:374)e(cid:454)t steps of (cid:373)oto(cid:396) (cid:373)o(cid:448)"t: 3 learning changes the nature & locus of sensorimotor control. As you acquire motor skills, the system changes. Locations also change depending on level of expertise. Association cortex highest level of organization, starting point of motor action. Secondary motor cortex begins the p(cid:396)o(cid:272)ess of i(cid:374)itiati(cid:374)g (cid:373)oto(cid:396) (cid:373)o(cid:448)"ts. Neurons & muscles allows actual i(cid:374)te(cid:396)a(cid:272)tio(cid:374) (cid:449)ith e(cid:374)(cid:448)"t. In addition to being top-down organized, the sensorimotor system has a parallel structure (signals flow between levels over multiple paths)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers