ENGL 215 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Calgary Stampede, Billeh Nickerson, Henry Watson Fowler

10 views2 pages

Document Summary

Marilyn dumont: metis-cree born in olds, albert, studied english and anthropology at the university of. Her early poetry explores the dualities of her metis heritage, a. Her later poetry explores the intersections of race, class and language, as shown in green girl dreams mountains. Local colour: the use of descriptive detail peculiar to a particular region or environment to add interest or authenticity to a narrative. Can include descriptions of locale, dress, customs, music, etc. It is sometimes referred to as regionalism especially when it is an intrinsic part of the work (cuddon 407). Indians that were in the calgary stampede parade or in john wayne movies. Even though both my parents were metis-from a long line of metis who spoke cree, who hunted and trapped- who maintained ties with metis culture, i never knew where i fit in the stratification of the aboriginal community. Unfortunately, my pare(cid:374)ts wa(cid:374)ted us to lear(cid:374) e(cid:374)glish (cid:271)etter tha(cid:374) cree.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers