PSYC 473 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Availability Heuristic, Watching Movies, Symbolic Interactionism

17 views5 pages

Document Summary

Self-conception processes: subjective self-awareness, objective self-awareness, distinguish between the self and environment, simple representations of the self, symbolic self-awareness, complex, abstract representation of self, mostly for humans, self-conception processes. Introspection: observation of objective reality, observation of contingencies. Perceptually our attention is drawn to the characteristics that make us different from other people. The basis of the sense of self as a social being and reflected by another mind. When a mother and child play games, they share jokes and emotions together and react to emotions, this is the initial sense of emerging self with other. Gradually there is the experience of self with other and another experience of self as opposed to other i. e. child and sibling fighting over toys, baby pushing away from a parent, etc. We perceive the self by taking the viewpoint of others. How does the i perceive the me . What is involved in the reflexive thought.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers