PSYC 406 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Repeated Measures Design, Justin Bieber, Inter-Rater Reliability

32 views7 pages

Document Summary

A good way of thinking about reliability is that it represents consistency. If you want to assess shyness, you could ask questions like: This is not very reliable because someone could be shy and not like speaking in front of a group but enjoy going to parties. Two verbal iq tests could give you 2 different scores. Across forms of a test (parallel forms reliability) You could measure someone"s iq across time and you could get different results depending on the person"s level of tiredness, etc. Multiple raters might disagree on how intelligent a person is, for example. Probably if you are done growing, depending on the interval between the measures. I like chocolate ice cream more than vanilla. I hate chocolate (still consistent construct, just reversed in direction) These items are not measuring the same things at all. I have a difficult time calming down when i"m upset. I am able to control my emotions (reversed)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers