PSYC 215 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Implicit-Association Test, Social Comparison Theory

19 views3 pages
24 Oct 2015
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Psyc 215 self evaluation and self esteem. Textbook definition: the positive or negative overall evaluation that each person has of himself or herself. We feel really good when we think we"re doing well. When we think poorly of ourselves, we think of our flaws, that something"s wrong with us. Add up positives, subtract the negatives = self-esteem score. For each statement below, circle the response that best represents your thoughts right now. >i am worried about whether i am regarded as a success or a failure. >i feel satisfied with the way my body looks right now. > uses reaction times to assess evaluative associations. > interference effects (i. e. being slowed down when self and bad things require the. Self-evaluation procedures same response) indicated higher implicit self-esteem. >entirely data-driven simply based on a simple consideration of our characteristics, our successes, and failures, etc? set out. Lots of possibilities of how you look at yourself: comparison with standards.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers