PSYC 212 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Lisa Lopes, Anatomical Terms Of Location, Lesion

28 views5 pages

Document Summary

Visual angle = size of object projected on retina *not size of actual object. Cycle of grating = black-white stripe 1 cycle. = if can identify 1 cycle of grating at smaller visual angle. Ex: when minimize square = just see grey because of limit to visual acuity. Determined primarily by spacing of photoreceptors on retina. = so perfectly fits minimum resolution of 1 minute of arc. In fovea = cones-photoreceptors separated-spa(cid:272)ed out (cid:271)y (cid:1004). 5 /60. *because always need 2 photoreceptors to determine grating = black-white stripes: wide stripes = large grating. For pair of photoreceptors = 1 process black stripe. & 1 process white stripe: slim stripes = small grating. Be(cid:272)ause spa(cid:272)i(cid:374)g of photore(cid:272)eptor fit mi(cid:374)i(cid:373)u(cid:373) to have 1 photoreceptor on each strip. Be(cid:272)ause spa(cid:272)i(cid:374)g of photore(cid:272)eptor not e(cid:374)ough to fit. 1 photoreceptor on each strip so cannot see. Spatial frequency = cycles of a grating/per unit.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers