PSYC 211 Lecture Notes - Lecture 21: Benign Tumor, Cancer, Traumatic Brain Injury

109 views15 pages
28 Nov 2017
Department
Course

Document Summary

There can be very specific deficits in motor programs caused by brain damage. When writing a word, spelling it can be accomplished by: Phonological dysgraphia is a condition where people cannot spell words by sounding the(cid:373) out (cid:894)(cid:272)o(cid:373)(cid:373)o(cid:374) i(cid:374) bro(cid:272)a"s aphasia(cid:895). They (cid:272)a(cid:374) o(cid:374)ly (cid:449)rite (cid:449)ords (cid:271)y i(cid:373)agi(cid:374)i(cid:374)g ho(cid:449) they look. Thus, they have to be very familiar with how the word looks or they cannot write it. They cannot write non-words that sound fine, like blint or vak. They have trouble using their muscles in deciding how to articulate the words. Orthographic dysgraphia is a condition where people cannot spell words by visualizing them (common in people with damage to vwfa). They can only sound words out, which means they cannot correctly spell any words that have an irregular spelling (half -- haff; busy -- bizzy). Caused by a blow to the head with a blunt object.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers