POLI 244 Lecture Notes - Xenophobia, Self-Determination, Liberation Tigers Of Tamil Eelam

25 views4 pages

Document Summary

Competing accounts for reactions to ethnic conflict: less ethnic conflict today since the last 15-20 years, ethnic conflict can end, it is not endless. Dark side of reciprocity i hurt you, you hurt me: all dyads (pairs of countries) have played this game and it has ended poorly. Irredentism: efforts to unify territories inhabited by kin. Requires war as countries do not cede territory: reasons to expect post-cw intervention, but restraint prevailed. When empires collapse the boarders are undefined i. e. wwii when hitler and stalin made the line for romania. Xenophobia can be good about international politics but bad for: xenophobia restrains domestic politics. The hatred, dislike of others can cause peace. If you"re selfish you don"t care and you won"t have to share with others therefore no irredentism. People care most about themselves than others. Success would be like massive immigration: xenophobia serves as a.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers