PHGY 209 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Fibrin, Surface 3, Cowpox

26 views70 pages

Document Summary

In the early days, physiology was referring to nature. It (cid:449)as o(cid:374)l(cid:455) du(cid:396)i(cid:374)g jea(cid:374) fe(cid:396)(cid:374)el"s time that physiology was considered the study of anatomy (not before that) Physiology is studied on multiple different levels including molecular level. We were able to understand and advance our understanding of the human body by studying different levels of physiology. What separates physiology from others is that we seek to integrate our knowledge of physiology to all different levels. However, its more complicated with multicellular organisms because e the cells are all distant from the external environment (i. e. air, water), the cells are not in the external environment. However, the cells in multicellular organisms live in their own internal environment (theory by claude bernard), which they use to make exchanges. Homeostasis (first spoken about by walter cannon) explains milieu interior (exchange but keeping things the same) If (cid:455)ou do(cid:374)"t (cid:373)ai(cid:374)tai(cid:374) ho(cid:373)eostasis, it leads to disease i(cid:374) the (cid:271)od(cid:455)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers