LING 201 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Sitcom, Syllabification, Sonorant

29 views6 pages

Document Summary

Coarticulation string of the words assimilation: word assimilation: word e. g. vowel nasalize, to similar the following consonant. Inserting an extra segment, usually a vowel, to break up a consonant cluster. Vowel quality is centralized, usually to schwa latin (delete [i] sound, not apping assimilation: word e. g. vowel nasalize, to similar the following consonant: vowel reduction, articulatory terms, manner of articulation in english consonants: Plosives: obstruent (produces turbulence by obstructing the airflow, oral stops are also called . Nasals (velum lowers causing air to pass through nasal pathway: sonorant stop that passes through the nasal cavity. Fricatives (creates turbulent noise: obstruent, small opening in the vocal tract creating turbulent airflow i. i. i. i. i. i. i. ii. iii. iv. v. vi. ii. iii, created by directing the airflow to . Glides (constricted vowel: approximants, non-syllabic vowels, place of articulation in english consonants: i. Labiodental: active articulator: upper & lower lips, active articulator: lower lip.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers