NRS 103 Lecture Notes - Therapeutic Relationship, Nonverbal Communication, Assertiveness

81 views5 pages
8 Mar 2014
Department
Course

Document Summary

Conflict: tension between two or more people, in which the actions of one frustrate the other and prevent accomplishment of goals. *nature of conflict content process values, beliefs, goals relationship (with self/others) Cause of conflict misunderstanding b/c of miscommunication most conflict arises in process. Intrapersonal with self ex: i want to lose weight, but can"t manage my eating. Interpersonal between people ex: my mom wants me to wash the dishes, and i don"t. Covert observable, obvious ex: fistfight, yelling invisible ex: inside feeling (intrapersonal) Dysfunctional growth, perspective change, relationship, problem solving become better b/c of it cannot move forward, no resolution/personal growth or development prevents from meeting personal goals. Perception is reality: the way a patient sees you is the way you are really acting. May not be intentional, but still are accountable for appearance. Context drives care: therapeutic techniques depend on individual and context.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers