CH&E 4010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Grip Strength, False Positives And False Negatives, Plastic Surgery

13 views4 pages

Document Summary

Ch&e 4010 lecture 6 january 27, 2021 screening and diagnostic tests: the kappa statistic and the role of chance. Learning objectives: calculate and compare measures of validity, including sensitivity and specificity, calculate positive and negative predictive value, to understand measures of reliability, such as the kappa statistic. There is a fairly high prevalence, so this data is likely from a high-risk population. This means that ppv will likely be lower in the general population. Agreement by chance: my dog farley is very cute. Which is a good thing, because during one of our walks my finger got caught in his leash and was injured (painfully! ), leading to a trip to the emergency department and an x-ray of my hand. If it was fractured and wasn"t treated, my grip strength in my dominant hand would be permanently impaired. Kappa: need to consider, observed agreement, expected agreement (by chance)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers