PSYC 316 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Witchetty Grub, Phasmatodea, Repeated Measures Design

63 views13 pages

Document Summary

Helps to control for individual differences (this is the basis for the repeated measures anova: logical extension of the dependent means t-test, benefits/advantages, sensitivity: Unsystematic variance is reduced. i: more sensitive to experimental effects: Greater power to detect effects: economy: i. Be careful of fatigue though: problems/disadvantages, same participants in all conditions: i. ii. Violates the anova assumption about independence in different conditions: assumption of sphericity: i. The correlation across conditions should be the same. Adjust degrees of freedom: characteristics, control experiment-wise error with omnibus test, at least one independent (with-subject variable) with > 2 categories ( levels ): i. If not, we do a dependent samples t-test: categories of the iv are fixed by the researcher, participants are exposed to all the categories: i. If they don"t, drop them from the study: the dv is measured continuously, hypotheses, conventional notation, ij: ii. i = individual. j = time or level (iv within subjects). H0: . 1 = . 2 = . j.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers