PSYC 316 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Repeated Measures Design, Homoscedasticity, Skewness

86 views9 pages
10 May 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

From correlation to regression: correlation was previously used to look at bivariate associations between two variables, now, we take a step farther and to see how two variables might be related through prediction. Regression: regression, a way of predicting the value of one variable from another: i. ii. It is a hypothetical model of the relationship between two variables. Therefore, we describe the relationship using the equation of a straight line: regression equation, skeleton: Outcome = model + error i: model statements: The model part of the formula is the only thing that changes: it changes depending on the experimental design and the research question, regression equation: i. Yi = b0 + b1xi + i : Population regression equation (capital beta is referring to the model specifically; won"t be looking at this much): ii. Yi = 0 + 1x1 + ei iii. Population predicted equation (apostrophe means prediction for an individual; we will be using this):

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers