AHSC 285 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Fundamental Attribution Error, United States House Committee On Oversight And Government Reform

96 views4 pages

Document Summary

Assumes leisure affects a person"s lifestyle (a person"s total way of living) and that people have difficulty achieving a lifestyle balance (textbook p. 6). The scientific study of the leisure behaviour and experience of individuals in social situations (p. 26) Scientific/systematic observation is different from casual observation. It implies the gathering of information using: controlled and systematic inquiry, a logical and rational approach to explanation. I don"t let my emotions get in the way of what i"m observing. It allows people/readers to have more faith on the studies/research. The social psychology of leisure focus specifically on the individual. The individual is ultimately the focus of our attention rather than groups, social institutions, or cultures. Internal psychological dispositions (perceptions, emotions, beliefs, personalities, etc. ) Ex: subgroups in a school, such as the sporty group. Essentially anything that represents a contextual influence on individuals (ex. Iphones as a leisure element instead of just a means of communication.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers