PSYC 3402 Lecture 3: MODULE 3 - Psychodynamic & Learning Theories ONECLASS

64 views11 pages

Document Summary

Part 2: case study columbine school shooting. Columbine shooters = eric harris & dylan klebold. School shooting at columbine high school in colorado april 20, 1999. 12 students and 1 teacher killed (many more injuries) One of the deadliest school shootings in us history. Different psychological issues characterize the offenders: klebold angry, depressed, suicidal, follower, harris cold, calculating, psychopathic, leader. Some social learning i(cid:374)flue(cid:374)(cid:272)es : fans of violent video games, particularly doom, both perpetrators were fans of natural born killers, both listened to music by marilyn manson. Austrian neurologist and founder of psychoanalysis method for treating psychopathologies. Criminal behavior results from dynamic internal forces within an individual. The nature of these forces, and the conflicts between them, influenced by childhood experiences. Id: focuses on basic biological urges, guided by the pleasure principle obtain immediate pleasure and avoid pain. Part (cid:1008): bo(cid:449)l(cid:271)(cid:455)"s theo(cid:396)(cid:455) of mate(cid:396)(cid:374)al dep(cid:396)i(cid:448)atio(cid:374) & the e(cid:373)pi(cid:396)i(cid:272)all(cid:455)-based theory of the gluecks.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers