PSCI 2601 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Common Rule, World War I, Classical Liberalism

22 views4 pages

Document Summary

Military power: size, quality, quantity of military and its capacity to provide security for the state. Social power: norms, values, discourses; power using these to affect change (e. g. lgbtq rights; could translate to foreign policy objectives etc. ) Cultural: facilitation of different ideas, values, across the world through the increase of telecommunications (i. e. internet) Political: rise of non state actors and rise of low state actors (i. e. climate change) Economic: integration of markets (trade, finance) interconnected that one small thing happening in one country can have a large ripple effect around the world (i. e. housing market crash of 07- All looking at the same thing but always going to have a slightly distorted view depending on who"s making it (i. e. theories) Abstractions that tell you the contours of the world, but not necessarily the details within it. Anarchy: absence of a sovereign; government (international society absence of a centralized authority)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers