MUSI 2101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 16: Thomas Weelkes, Musica Transalpina, John Wilbye

45 views3 pages
25 May 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Talk about what the final paper is. My final paper is on i decided to write this paper on i will be writing about i"m mostly excited about i found . Collection of italian madrigals translated into english. Madrigals are englished : first madrigals in england was called englished madrigal, translated into english. Huge interest in english about anything that was italian brought back italian madrigals, started plagiarizing them. Afterwards, english composers started writing english madrigals using italian madrigals as models. Often wrote about queen elizabeth the first. Every madrigal in this anthology was dedicated to elizabeth the first, the last line said long live fair. Oriana oriana = queen elizabeth the first. Latmos hill the hill that a young man sleeps on, forever young and beautiful. Word painting long live note value very long, two by two three by three 2 voices and 3 voices, Together homorhythm, running down the hill notes going downwards, ascending notes going upwards.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers