LAWS 3903 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Sexual Assault, Burglary, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder

51 views5 pages
30 Oct 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Repeat victimization: also k(cid:374)o(cid:449)(cid:374) as (cid:862)re(cid:448)i(cid:272)ti(cid:373)izatio(cid:374)(cid:863, unequal social groups are particularly susceptible to repeat victimization, some firms experience a disproportionate amount of crime, poly-victimization, used describe how victimization tends to cluster around the same young people. Ideal victim: robert elias and nils christie. Ideal victim: by (cid:862)ideal (cid:448)i(cid:272)ti(cid:373)(cid:863) i ha(cid:448)e i(cid:374)stead i(cid:374) (cid:373)i(cid:374)d a perso(cid:374) or a category of individuals who when hit by crime most readily are given complete and legitimate status of being a victim. The ideal victim is, in my use of the term, a sort of public status of the same type and level of abstraction as that for example of a hero or a traitor. It is so (cid:271)y at least fi(cid:448)e attri(cid:271)utes:(cid:863: the victim is weak. Example: victimization: tribal stigma of race and ethnicity, nation, and religion stigma that is transmitted through lineages and equally contaminate all members of a family, shame can stem from this.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers