CGSC 1001 Lecture Notes - Lecture 18: Cognitive Architecture, Cognitive Model, Procedural Memory

46 views1 pages

Document Summary

Across fields, it is a representation of something that excludes unimportant detail and information. A s(cid:272)ale (cid:373)odel of a ho(cid:373)e (cid:373)ade of (cid:272)ard(cid:271)oard (does(cid:374)"t i(cid:374)(cid:272)lude the ti(cid:374)y plu(cid:373)(cid:271)i(cid:374)g a(cid:374)d insulation because it is unimportant) A categorization scheme for the students in my class. Typically, it is a computer program that models some aspect of thought. For example, it might model how people do categorization, or how a mouse learns to navigate a maze. The model makes predictions that can be compared to data. If the predictions match the data, it supports the theory of underlying the model. It is a programming environment or set of tools for making cognitive models. Typically, it includes constraints on how cognition works in all people speed of learning, memory retrieval, etc. (ignoring cultural and other learned aspects). In some ways it is easier to make a model in architecture, and harder in other ways. Symbolic operates at the level of discrete symbols.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers