ANTH 1001 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Linguistic Anthropology, Forensic Anthropology, Sociocultural Anthropology

55 views24 pages

Document Summary

Survival depends on wheat we learn from one another (ex. socially learned behaviour or culture) How we go about asking this question and exploring it is not so different. Neil harbission talks about eyeborg - electronic device he invented that allows colours to be perceived as sounds. I don"t feel i"m wearing technology i feel i am technology . Making sense of a situation in light of the historical, social, cultural, and political factors that gave rise to that situation in the rst place and that continue to impact that situation. Looking at situation as unique and local -> cultural particularity. Deeper understanding of how things came to be. The study of what it means to be human. 19th century anthropology emerged as total human science logia = study of. Study of biological and behavioural variation of humans, on-human primates, and extinct hominids. Biological processes involved in adaptation to environment. Human evolution by looking at fossil record, skeletal remains.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers