PSYC 1013 Lecture Notes - Lecture 16: The Bell Curve, Sexual Sterilization Act Of Alberta, Leilani Muir

33 views14 pages
5 Feb 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Leilani muir kept trying to get pregnant but no avail. Doctors said that her fallopian tubes have been surgically removed making her sterile. She was a victim of the misguided application of intelligence tests. She had an iq of 64 which was below the 70 point cut-off required for law therefore she was forced sterilization common practice in 1928 they would be genetically deemed unfit to and sterilized without consent. Systematic attempt to measure intelligence in modern era began with him. Believed that because people learn about the world through their senses, those with superior sensory abilities would be more sensitively attuned to the world and able to learn more about it. E(cid:374)so(cid:396)(cid:455) a(cid:271)ilities should (cid:271)e a(cid:374) i(cid:374)di(cid:272)ato(cid:396) of a pe(cid:396)so(cid:374)(cid:859)s i(cid:374)tellige(cid:374)(cid:272)e. 1884 created a set of 17 sensory tests i. e. highest and lowest sound people hear or their ability to tell the difference between objects of slightly different weights.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers