BLAW10002 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Property Law, Common Law, Corporate Law

65 views4 pages
28 Jul 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Agreements bet diff sovereign states i. e. treaties, conventions, etc. Agreements bet diff sovereign states i. e. treaties, conventions, etc i. e. what law should be and shouldn"t be. Standards of human rights; protections must be incorporated into international and national law. The law as recognised and applied w/in a particular nation state e. g. ) Australia has various jurisdictions which have their own laws, but collectively these are considered national law. Law of general application to the relationship bet persons and the state. Constitutional law - laws determining how govs work. Administrative law - body of law regulating government decision making. Criminal law - the body of law prohibiting certain types of conduct and which is enforced through punishment by the state. Tort law - liability for harm caused by one person to another (there are ranges of different recognised torts i. e. defamation, negligence, etc. ) Contract law - the recognition and enforcement of private agreements.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers