SLE211 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Body Fat Percentage, Collagen, Jamie Cureton

82 views2 pages

Document Summary

Comparing the class flexibility data between men and women aged from 18-30, the results obtained reveal that women are more flexible than men. The females had a slightly higher mean compared to males. Outliers have been evident in these data, however it did not affect the average significantly. Compared to the previous research the results obtained do match each other and does not fa(cid:448)our the state(cid:373)e(cid:374)t that me(cid:374) are (cid:373)ore flexible tha(cid:374) wo(cid:373)e(cid:374) . This trend follows in all the previous research. This is also supported through evidence that shows women are involved more in flexible exercises like yoga which increases their flexibility further. Thus, muscle strength, endurance and flexibility along with the sit and reach test and hamstring flexibility, all articles coincide with the class results. It is certain from the data that, fe(cid:373)ales" fle(cid:454)i(cid:271)ilit(cid:455) de(cid:272)reases as age i(cid:374)(cid:272)reases. Bo(cid:374)es (cid:271)e(cid:272)o(cid:373)e thinner and weaker with age, this is because calcium and other minerals from bone matrix are lost.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers