PSYC 460 Chapter Notes - Chapter 12: Polydipsia, Endorphins, Piggy Bank

36 views4 pages

Document Summary

Preparedness = innate tendency for an organism to more easily learn certain types of behaviors or to associate certain types of events with each other. More likely to be afraid of events that have an evolutionary association with danger than modern-day events. Backward conditioning (in which the us precedes the ns) does not usually work unless the ns is biologically relevant . Taste aversion conditioning = form of classical conditioning in which a food item that has been paired with gastrointestinal illness becomes a conditioned aversive stimulus. Food + sickness aversion to food (even if the food did not produce the illness) Stimulus generalization food items that taste similar to the aversive item are perceived as aversive. Extinction aversive food repeatedly ingested without further illness. Overshadowing more likely to develop an aversion to stronger-tasting food (i. e. onions) than mild-tasting food (i. e. (i. e. onions) than mild-tasting food (i. e. potatoes) that was consumed at the same meal.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers