PSYC 460 Chapter Notes - Chapter 10: Impulsivity, Nicotine, Matching Law

54 views7 pages

Document Summary

I. e. concurrent vr-20 vs. vr-50 will develop preference for vr-20 because of the better payoff. I. e. vi-30 vs. vi-60 in vi schedules, reinforcers become available at unpredictable times. Concurrent schedule of reinforcement: a complex schedule consisting of the simultaneous presentation of two or more independent schedules, each leading to a reinforce. Matching law = principle that the proportion of responses emitted on a particular schedule matches the proportion of reinforcers obtained on that schedule. I. e. a pigeon will emit twice as many responses on the vi 30-sec schedule as on the vi. The matching law predicts a consistent relationship between the proportion of reinforcers obtained on a certain alternative and the proportion of responses emitted on that alternative. Matching = basic principle of choice behavior; also applicable to human social behavior. A & b = the two schedules of reinforcement mentioned. = proportion of responses emitted by schedule a. = proportion of reinforcers earned on schedule a.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers