PSYC 2600 Chapter Notes - Chapter 8: Binge Drinking, Clinical Psychology, Collectivism

59 views8 pages

Document Summary

Conformity: influencing behavior: the mcdonalds schedule, the most powerful form of this social influence produces obedience and occurs when an. Chapter 8 outline authority figures gives an order. I(cid:374)for(cid:373)atio(cid:374) o(cid:272)ial i(cid:374)flue(cid:374)(cid:272)e: the need to k(cid:374)o(cid:449) what"s (cid:862)right(cid:863) The importance of being accurate: the e(cid:455)e(cid:449)it(cid:374)ess stud(cid:455) (cid:449)here people started to (cid:862)see(cid:863) thi(cid:374)gs their part(cid:374)er sa(cid:449) a(cid:374)d rel(cid:455)i(cid:374)g on their judgement even though what they both saw was different. In 1938 where people actually believed the earth was being invaded by aliens. If people are misinformed and start to rely on the interpretation of others, the people will then adopt the mistakes and interpretations too. When will people conform to information social influence: the more uncertain you are, the more you are likely to rely on others for information, when the situation is a crisis, when other people are experts. Normative social influence: the need to be accepted. College students were asked to discuss the case history of johnny.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers