HIST 101 Chapter Notes - Chapter 4: Sue Taylor (Producer), Nationstates, Irish National Land League

43 views2 pages
30 Aug 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Discuss the ways in which industrialization promoted the growth of mass politics. Many new areas were being conquered in the west and materials from these new places were the makings of industrialization. As the authors mentioned in the introduction of. Empire and industry fed on each other as raw materials from conquered areas supplied. Western factories and as innovations in weaponry, transportation, medicine, and communication allowed imperialism to thrive. (hunt, rosenwein and smith 758) Factories and urbanization were bringing people off of the farms and closer together. This naturally would cause issues to arise between people. Some of the major issues from my thoughts were women"s rights, children"s rights, slavery/racism, and workers" rights. Workers were more educated, taking pride in the newly conquered territories, and they also wanted more say in politics. I believe this stemmed from the unfair work expectations among the other major issues i mentioned earlier.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers