BILD 2 Chapter Notes - Chapter 36: Luteal Phase, Ovulation, Corpus Luteum

39 views3 pages

Document Summary

Spermatids are generated from secondary spermatocytes through meiosis. The head contains the haploid nucleus and is tipped with acrosome (contains enzymes that help the sperm penetrate an egg). Atp for movement of the flagellar tail: describe human oogenesis, begins in female embryo with production of oogonia from primordial germ cells. Oogonia divide by mitosis and form cells that begin meiosis. The process stops at prophase i before birth. Primary oocytes reside in a small follicle and fsh stimulates it at puberty to resume growth and development. Each month, each follicle"s primary oocyte completes meiosis i, and then the second meiotic division begins and stops at metaphase. the secondary oocyte is at meiosis ii and released at ovulation. Only of a sperm penetrates it does meiosis ii resume. i. each meiotic division involves unequal cytokinesis, with smaller cells becoming polar bodies that eventually degenerate. Thus, the functional product of complete oogenesis is a single mature egg already containing a sperm head.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers