BSCI 105 Chapter Notes - Chapter 8: Exergonic Reaction, Metabolic Pathway, Cellular Respiration

38 views7 pages

Document Summary

Cellular respiration- drives cellular economy by getting the energy stored in sugars and other fuels. Manages the material and energy of cell: transforms matter and energy. Organization of the chemistry of life into metabolic pathways. Catabolic pathways- break down complex molecules and make simpler ones, so by doing that energy is released (i. e. cellular respiration) Anabolic pathways (also known as bio synthetic)- build complex molecules from simple ones, so they need to consume energy (i. e making proteins: the energy released from catabolic can be used for anabolic (downhill and uphill) Biochemical pathways (in cellular structures) allow us to release chemical energy from food molecules ad use the energy to power life processes. Movement can change certain energy- i. e from kinetic to potential because of height. Thermodynamics- study of energy transformations that occur in matter. Open system- energy and matter can be transferred between the system and surroundings- organisms. System can only put heat to work when there is a temperature.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers