ACCT20200 Chapter Notes - Chapter 6: Prefrontal Cortex, Lowkey

45 views3 pages
20 Feb 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Chapter 6: emotional and social development in infancy and toddlerhood. Understanding and responding to the emotions of others: I(cid:374)fa(cid:374)ts" e(cid:373)otio(cid:374)al e(cid:454)pressio(cid:374)s= (cid:272)losel(cid:455) tied to their a(cid:271)ilit(cid:455) to i(cid:374)terpret the emotional cues of others: social referencing: Beginning at 8 to 10 months, infants engage in social referencing actively seeking emotional information from a trusted person in an uncertain situation. I(cid:374) parti(cid:272)ular, a (cid:272)aregi(cid:448)er"s e(cid:373)otio(cid:374)al e(cid:454)pressio(cid:374) i(cid:374) a situatio(cid:374) influences whether the infant will be wary of strangers, play with an unfamiliar toy, etc. Self-conscious emotions: humans are capable of a second, higher order set of feelings, including guilt, shame, embarrassment, envy, and pride each involves injury or enhancement of our sense of self. Appear in the middle of the second year as infants become firmly aware of the self as a separate, unique individual. Requires adult instruction in when to feel each of these emotions. Varies between cultures: beginnings of emotional self-regulation:

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers