HIST 102 Chapter Notes - Chapter 2: Rump Parliament, Autocracy, Toleration

67 views6 pages
27 Sep 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

I am the state : the development of absolutism in england and france (1600-1725) Balance between unity and efficiency of state and different social, political, and economic factions (dictator vs. democracy) Middle age (decentralized feudalism) renaissance (structured monarchies france, 1603-1715 - rough years for england (elizabeth i king james i + religious dissension) King james i (1603-1625) - from scotland, lacked tact, ignorant in england, advocated absolute, divine-right monarchy (unlimited authority of king sanctioned by god) resulted in civil war (1642-1646) between roundheads (supporters of. ^victory of parliament with the beheading of king charles i government controlled by parliament under oliver cromwell (lord protector, caretaker of democracy , scourge of freedom (pg. Monarchy restored under charles ii (1660-1685), but conciliatory with the will of. Parliament instated william of orange and wife mary (1688) King james ii tried to assert authority as absolute monarch deposed by.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers