HIST 1003 Chapter : IX 17thCentury Crisis

11 views2 pages
15 Mar 2019
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Causes: religion, protestants and catholics, protestants (anglicans) and protestants (calvinists, constitutional troubles, absolutism (princes vs. estates, economic crisis, gold and silver from the new world leads to inflation and. Bohemia then bankruptcy: rudolph ii (habsburg and catholic), ruled 1576-1612, letter of majesty, 1609, religious toleration, rudolph grants calvinists the right to worship as they wish in. Bohemia: ferdinand ii, ruled 1619-1637, hardcore catholic, tells bohemian estates that he will not honor the letter of. Frederick instead (do they constitutionally have the right to do this?: ferdinand becomes king anyway and goes to war with the. Bohemian estates: catholic (princes) vs. calvinist (estates, catholics defeated the calvinists, but war spread to germany. England: possibly 30% of population killed, religious and constitutional issues, king (anglican) vs. parliament (calvinist, james i, 1603-1625, charles i, 1625-1649, issue of absolutism. Parliament, gets involved in a war with scotland, and need: 1629 charles i decides he is going to rule without money.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers